Sun, 13 Nov 05
Since seven weeks the lives of Bettina and me have changed in a most wonderful way: Our daughter Katinka has been born. We are very happy. This is real life! There are some pictures.
Wed, 03 Aug 05
After a long time in the back burner, here is a new elisp
snippet: pom.el enables Java
programmers using maven and JDEE for their projects, to compute the
JDEE classpath from the maven
Wed, 29 Sep. 04
from the computer for some time. No updates to this site. But I had good reasons. Reason number one:
I married the love of my life!
My new wife is the wonderful Bettina Arndt. After nine years of relationship a marriage probably won't change much, but it has been marvelous up to now, and I'm sure it will only get better.
For the nosy ones: there is a (German) part of this site, dedicated to our marriage.
Reason number two:
Would you sit in front of a computer screen if you could sit on this beauty, smell the winds and ride into the sunset?
Since I got it, at the end of June, I already put 7000 km on the meter. It's a great bike, a Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom. I can not recommend it high enough. A very powerful V2 engine, excellent handling and a comfortable riding position, what else do you want?
My wife isn't so enthusiastic about biking but I talked her into doing a small tour through southern Germany and the Alps. We had 3 days of nice weather and three cold and rainy days. Tina was freezing bad, despite her neoprene knee warmers, but I hardly noticed anything in my Goretex clothes. Worth their money :-) See some pictures from the Tour.
The new version of my jde-gen-extra.el package features a better and equals and hashCode method generation and some more customization options. The jde-gen-extra.el package can generate equals, hashCode and toString methods for Java objects and contains a wizard for exception classes. Here is a short overview of the new stuff:
- Only non-static and non-transient members will be used in the equals expression and hashCode calculation. This ensures that a deserialized object is equal to the instance is has been serialized from.
- The hashCode method now uses different prime numbers for all members that are null.
- Members with primitive types are compared first in the equals expression. The expensive object or array comparisons come later. This improves the performance since most of the time the first comparisons fail.
- The instanceof check in the equals template has been replaced by a class equality check.
- Some options for formating of the generated code.